Teach online French language course(s) and provide ongoing student support to ensure a successful virtual classroom experience and course completion. Follow course curriculum/pacing and provide instruction and feedback appropriate to level and in accordance with recognized standards and language learning pedagogy (e.g. ACTFL). Maintain virtual classroom and reporting requirements.
Facilitation & Feedback
- Provide motivating, timely and constructive feedback for student assignments and assessments
- Graded oral and written assignments must be returned within two business days of submission
- Prepare and deliver 3 half-hour weekly synchronous proficiency sessions via Collaborate to reinforce, complement or extend online course content. Record and make available to students unable to attend.
- Collaborate on the development of live session materials as requested.
- Hold weekly office hours via Collaborate and document session information and student attendance
- Structure office hours to provide individualized and/or small group instruction, coaching, and speaking practice and Q&A
- Be prepared to address student questions and issues by reviewing grade book weekly
Classroom Management, Communication & Reporting
- Closely monitor all students’ progress relative to course calendar and end dates, login lapses and initiate contact to remedy "failing" grade status and initiate contact to remedy
- Set up all classrooms per platform guidelines when assigned
- Maintain virtual classrooms
- Schedule Open Houses
- Post announcements
- Provide virtual instruction via tutorials as needed
- Maintain a website for students and update it monthly
- Keep accurate, organized records
- Maintain grade books and submit final grade reports per guidelines
- Maintain communication log for student/parent/administrator
- Communicate regularly with students/parents/school contact to support instruction and advance student goals
- Student/Parent/Administrator initiated communication must be answered within one school day
- Proactively contact students and their local contacts when students need extra assistance
- Serve as a substitute teacher to grade or provide live sessions as requested.
Professional Development (PD)
- Maintain State Licensure at all times
- Participate in the following required PD events:
- Product training: Curriculum, Learning Management System
- Virtual classroom platform training--Collaborate
- Monthly faculty meetings
- Independently practice the tools/concepts/skills learned in required PD events to put into practice immediately
- Maintain current knowledge of language learning pedagogy and online teaching practices through independent reading, research, etc.
- Identify needs for further development/support (e.g. technical) and initiate request with Supervisor
- Regularly communicate with management on student issues or concerns
- Provide status updates on courses/students when requested by management
- Maintain complete records of important decision and issue resolutions: communicate and provide to management when requested or appropriate
- Provide solicited and/or unsolicited feedback for improvement to management
Additional K-12 Job Functions (as applicable)
- Communicate via Total View
- Record all student contact in Total View: Phone and meeting logs
- Answer k-mail daily (per 1 school day response rule)
- Post weekly announcements
- Check daily the "Raise Your Hand" feature and answer students questions
- Attend K-12 specific training as-needed
For additional information click here to view online teacher FAQs.