The Head Nurse is part of a community that creates an intensive four-week immersion program for middle and high school students each summer. Located on several college campuses, Middlebury Interactive Languages Summer Academies offer students the opportunity to study Arabic, Mandarin Chinese, French, German, or Spanish with skilled language educators. The Head Nurse has both administrative and clinical duties, and is ultimately responsible for ensuring the health and well-being of all students and staff. During the Academy, the Head Nurse will be on call 24 hours a day, including weekends.
- Address student and staff health issues and concerns utilizing appropriate interventions and treatments in a timely, safe and effective manner in compliance with state and federal healthcare standards including HIPAA.
- Maintain strong community relationships with local hospitals, clinics, health offices, and physicians.
- Work closely with site leaders (Director of Residential Life, Language Directors, and Site Manager) and promote cohesion and teamwork with staff.
- Work collaboratively with the Assistant Nurse and Health Assistant on site.
- Beginning preseason, conduct pre-enrollment review of student health forms.
- Accurately and confidentially maintain all student and staff medical records and documentation.
- Demonstrate confidence and expertise in laws and regulations governing these documents and procedures.
- Demonstrate ability to oversee and delegate various logistical and operational aspects of running a health office, including supervision of the Health Assistant, ensuring appropriate treatment and information is received to address health concerns and needs.
- Effectively manage set up and take down of site and maintain adequate inventory throughout program.
- Demonstrate proficiency in dispensing prescription and OTC medications to students, treating student illnesses and injuries. Strong processes must be present to administer safe care.
- Consistently communicate health information appropriately and professionally with parents and other staff members.
- Utilize electronic clinic management system to document and manage student information
- Participate in Academy programming.
- Work to continually maintain a high-quality summer Academy through interaction, participation and visibility throughout the program.
- Support the Language Pledge.
- Communicate professionally and effectively to parents, students and other staff.
- Provide meaningful feedback to students.
- Work with other faculty, staff, and site administrators to create a successful Academy.
- Complete evaluations, reports and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge and utilization of the Academy policies and procedures to create a safe, supportive, rewarding environment for students and staff.
POSITION SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervises Assistant Nurse and Health Assistant